Monday, December 14, 2009

zorionak


so zorionak is Euskera for felicidades or congrats/happy birthday!

i had a great 21st birthday! it was probably a bit more tranquil than it would have been in the states because of finals but i still had a great time! My day started off with a final in my Spanish culture class which ended up being muy facil. I came back to the residence to find my room decorated!
My friends hung up streamers and some decorations my mom sent me! I had a nice
nap in the afternoon and studied for my two finals on Tuesday. I went with some of my best friends here out to dinner! It was so much fun, i couldnt have asked for more. we went to a restaurant called "crazy horse." it is a very cool place, they play a lot of american classic rock and have records on the walls. they also have awesome french fries and bbq sauce! dinner was excellent, then
my friends surprised me with a cake! my mom sent candles so we used those. little did i know, they were trick candles.i swear the entire restaurant filled with smoke because they kept coming back to life. we then decided to put them in a glass with water, but even then they kept re-lighting! after some frantic reaching across the table we poured a combo of water and maybe a little cerveza on them haha. we had a great time on one of our last nights here!
i felt very loved and am grateful to everyone who made my birthday so special!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment